Cosplay 1st Place Prize!
Cosplay Contest (Sponsored by Geek-E Magazine)
All entries will be shown during the contest time during the show, and winners will be announced at the end.
Registration is through the Pre-Registration area which you can access once you purchase your ticket.
Prizes will be awarded to the following for Adult and Kids:
- Best Performance
- And “Best in Show”
Other may get honorable mentions or “Fan Favorite”
RULES & GUIDELINES –
There are two submission categories – Individual and Group. – Each contestant may only enter one costume and one category into the competition.
- You may only submit either a photo OR a video (not both)- this helps us narrow down and organize for posting,
- All submissions must be received by August 5th.
- Contestants must have an Uplink ticket! We are part of the weekend festivities!
- Send us pictures or get creative and send us videos! Show us what went into making your cosplay and show us your details.
- Show us you acting as the character.
- You can enter via a form on the pre-reg site once you purchase your ticket to the show.
Groups- get creative with your videos as well! “Pass the prop” to unite you all together, or cut a video of you acting out a scene together, or send us edited pictures that place you together!
We ask that all contestants display good sportsmanship to each other as well as the judges.
There will be NO discrimination based on a person’s level of cosplay, race or body-type.
The Judges will consider the following during the competition:
- Overall appearance
- Likeness to the character(s)
- Maneuverability / Functionality
- Stage Presence
- Attention to details or added little “flares”
- How the costume was obtained (home-made vs store bought)
- NO NUDITY (does it really have to be said?).
- NO Profanity allowed in the videos. This includes any messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition (if even Deadpool knows when to keep it “clean”- so should you)
- NO Political or Religious statements. This is not the time or place.
For any questions just email Cosplay@liretro.com